"Cheri Retirement Homes – The Paradise" : A Community Living Project for Seniors
Present day society comprises of Nuclear families. Most of the children stay away from their ancestral homes in purSuite of their career. Life is smooth and comfortable as long as you are working but the situation changes drastically after you Retire. One can neither leave your place and stay with your children nor can you expect the children to leave their career and come back. The parents, who have given their youth bringing up the children, are left with no choice than stay alone in their homes. Most of the parents will have money, house, vehicle and other amenities but what is lacking will be company, a secure environment to live and reliable “Helps” to carry out your home needs.
So, Retirement is a trauma to many. Due to their advancing years and infirmities, they may have little option but to live out their last years in psychological, emotional and physical isolation . There are many “Homes” for Seniors, established by the Government and some philanthropic/charitable institutions for the less-privileged ; many of these are poorly run, inadequate and unSuiteable for Seniors from the middle classes (particularly, the upper & higher middle class ) who are unable to assimilate in these Homes due to social disparities.
Pay– And - Stay Homes
There are large communes for Seniors developed by reputed builders but are of commercial nature and are not affordable to many . So, there is an urgent need for Non-profit, Assisted-living facilities for the Seniors where in they can be looked after and can live amongst themselves, sharing and caring for each other in a secure, congenial and cheerful environment.
The concept of pay-and-stay , no-profit-no-loss Homes is to provide Assisted living and residential facilities with comprehensive and quality care for those seniors who are economically independent but without others at close quarters, to look after them in their later years.
"Cheri Retirement Homes – The Paradise" : A Community Living Project for Seniors is a Facility to provide an environment where seniors can live with dignity, respect, security and companionship based on the concept of pay-and-stay , no-profit-no-loss Homes.
Towards this end, the Facility will :
- Provide safe, comfortable and clean accommodation
- Arrange for comprehensive and quality care
- Provide secure, compassionate, companionable and congenial environment, recreational and entertainment facilities
- Arrange for quality medical care and nursing assistance, where needed.
- Provide routine domestic comforts, services and amenities,
- Provide a window for elders to constructively contribute with their talents and experience, and..
- Encourage independent living.
The Residential Accommodation
The inmates can choose one of the following three types of Accommodation :
- The Villa Type Accommodation consisting of an independent, fully furnished Single story Duplex Villa having 2 Dwelling Units ( DUs) each of 420 Sq. ft for 2 families . Each DU consists of a Master Bed room with attached Toilet, a Room with an attached Toilet for a Home Nurse, a Living Room with a Kitchenette Table and a Sit Out.
- Type 1 Apartment has a Master Bed room with attached Toilet & a Living room opening into a common Corridor, each of 350 sft., fully furnished. The Living Room opens into a common corridor.
- Type 2 Apartment consisting 530 Sft Fully Furnished Apartment having a Master Bed room with attached Toilet, a Room with an attached Toilet for a Home Nurse, a Living Room with a Kitchenette Table and a Balcony. The Living Room opens into a common corridor.
Life Membership :
The accommodation is provided on Rental for life at a minimum entry level of 60 years. The members are offered Life membership by payment of a total of 15 Years Rental payable in 2 Tranches. Members to pay 10 years rental in Advance followed by a Second payment of 50 % of this Rental on completion of 10 years stay. There is no Rental for the rest of the Life of the members / surviving spouse
The following Furniture / Fixtures will be provided in all types of Accommodation :
- For Bed Room : - Built in Wardrobe, a Double Cot, a Computer Table & Chair, Split AC, Ceiling Fan, Lighting
- For Living Room :- Two single Seat Chairs, a tea poy, Ceiling Fan
- For the Sit out – Two Garden Chairs, a teapoy
- For the additional room – A Single cot, light & Fan
The Lay Out of Cheri Retirement Homes – The Paradise
1. Ground Floor
The Ground Floor Lay out consists of 6 Single story Duplex Villas to accommodate 11 Senior Families and 1 Singles Accommodation and a Ground Plus 2 Apartment Block. The Ground Floor accommodates all Common Amenities; An Office , a Doctor's Room, a Recreation Room, Librarary & Reading Room, a Tread Mill Room, a large Assembly Hall, Toilets & Stairs , Dining Hall , a Modern Solar Kitchen and a Lift .
2. First Floor
The First Floor has 4 Type 1 accommodation in the South Wing for 4 Singles and 4 Type 2 Accommodation in the west wing for families . The North wing has a Care taker's Room, a Linen Room and Accommodation for Ladies staff .
3. Second Floor
The Second Floor has 4 Type 1 accommodation in the South Wing for 2 Singles & 2 Guests and 4 Type 2 Accommodation in the west wing for families . The North wing has a Laundry Room and Accommodation for Male staff .
There will be at least 2 Guest Bedrooms, in order to accommodate visiting Children / Kith and Kin of inmates. Members can make advance booking for the Guest Rooms.
Limited accommodation will also be provided for the staff, in the first and Second Floors in the Northern wing of the Apartment Block .
Senior Citizens Residents Association
The facility will be established by the Promoter before occupation. All Members inducted will abide by an Article of Association drawn up specifically for the facility. Upon occupation of all DUs, the self group will be registered as a Senior Citizens’ Residence Association. The day today administration of the facility will be carried out by a Management Committee constituted from amongst the members with the Promoter as the Chairman. All expenses (food, water, Electricity and staff Salary etc.) will be equally shared by the occupants on “No profit No loss” basis.